The rules are as follows:
Players: 2 (+ viewers)
Duration: Depends how unlucky you are
Drunkness: Depends how unlucky you are
1) Two players should sit at a table, facing each other, with their drink of choice next to each other (i.e. beer or spirit and mixer).
2) Shuffle a pack of cards. If there are viewers then shuffle the jokers into the pack too.
3) Deal the cards out into a two sided pyramid, i.e. 5 cards in front of each person, then 4cards above them, then 3, then 2, and then in the middle of the table will be 1 card.
4) Place a shot glass on top of the middle card, filled with the spirit of choice.
- At the start of the game each player, at the same time, turns a card from the bottom of their pyramid.
- If the selected card is a face card (Jack, Queen, King) or an Ace, they drink 1 or 2 fingers of their drink (decided before the game begins). The dealer then picks up the card, and any card on their side of the pyramid, shuffles them back into the remaining pack, and deals replacement cards to those missing. Whoever picked up the face card begins the game by picking the next card, from the base of the pyramid.
- If the selected card is a Joker, all people watching the game must take a shot. All cards are picked up and re-dealt and the game begins again.
- If no face card is picked up, the player proceeds to the next level of the pyramid. The players will simultaneously pick up cards until a face card is found, at which point that player picks the next card first.
- When a player reaches the top of the tower he or she must turn card. If the card is not a face card they win, and the opponent must drink the shot. If it is a face card, that player must drink the shot, have their upturned cards removed and replaced, and start again from the base.
- If both players reach the top at the same time, it will be decided on the flip of a coin which colour (red or black) the player represents, and the winner will be the same colour as the card.
This game got me very, very drunk in Morocco last week. Have fun, and drink semi-responsibly.